26 January 2010

Pens

I am a fan of pens. It is rather simple.
Take me to a stationery store and I could be 'lost in transit' for hours!


For my wedding present my beloved wife gave me a very special gift - a Mont Blanc fountain pen. It is very very sexy and I love it to bits. In the family pecking order it comes after my wife and our new acquired rescue greyhound and it looks like this:


Such beauty, such style. I am in awe when I write and I wouldn't change it for the world BUT... who could not love a pen that looks like this:

This is one of the 10 most expensive pens in the world. A collaboration by Mont Blanc and Van Cleef & Arpels. It is billed as the most expensive pen fetching a record $730,000!


Each pen has 840 diamonds and more than 20 carats of gemstones set in a Van Cleef & Arpels patented "Mystery Setting" that conceals the stone settings.


Do I want one? No thnaks. I'll stick with my sentimental gift and I'll give you a tenner to help with the insurance for the other one!